Got a MODX issue or question?
Book a one-on-one consult with MODX expert Mark Hamstra
Does this sound familiar?
- You have a deadline quickly approaching and you’ve hit a problem you can’t fix
- You’re about to start an ambitious project using MODX and you’re not sure how to approach it
- You have an idea of what to do but need pointing in the right direction
- You're unhappy about the performance of your MODX site
- A core or add-on upgrade broke your site or manager
I'm here to help!
Here are a number of things I can assist on:
- Any of our modmore products including our open source extras
- Best practices for building large-scale MODX websites
- Setting up multiple sites from a single MODX install
- Building multilingual websites in MODX
- Setting up a git-powered workflow for development
- Fixing broken MODX sites and managers
- Developing snippets and plugins
- Developing components (in either <2.2 or 2.3+ variations)
- Setting up a solid xPDO data model and interacting with it
- Reviewing your project for potential performance bottlenecks
I’m Mark Hamstra and I have been providing MODX consultancy services all over the world since 2010. In 2012/2013, I worked for MODX Systems LLC on their Professional Services team. After that, I started modmore where we provide premium products and services for MODX while supporting the open source community.
My expertise is primarily bespoke development for MODX and dealing with custom data models however I am able to provide consultancy on all areas of MODX.
What you'll get
You'll get a 1 hour one-on-one (video) call on Skype with me in either Dutch or English.
During the call, you can ask me any modmore or MODX related question, I can review code you've written, or help you fix a site or issue you're having.
If it's urgent, select the "Yes, call me as soon as possible" option when booking.
- Earliest availability: 2 business days
- Available experts: Mark & modmore team
- Available languages: English, German, Dutch
- Earliest availability: 3 business hours
- Available experts: Mark
- Available languages: English, Dutch
Here's a few people I've helped previously
Design & Development at Dannevang ApS, Denmark
Mark is an extremely skilled PHP developer with expert knowledge of MODX. Working with Mark is a pleasure, his communication skills are very good and he always delivers on time.
Aside from his strong professional abilities Mark is an open, helpful and friendly person with a great sense of humor.
(Former) Studio Manager at Round Hex, United Kingdom
A colleague of mine needed a hand in a messy MODX backend situation, and Mark answered my call for help in this area. He was like the angel that lifted us out of the storm! He was prompt, extremely knowledgeable, quick, and above all easy to work with. In the span of an hour, Mark helped us iron out kinks that we'd been fussing over for days. If you need a hand with MODX, I recommend Mark completely without reservation.
Independent digital media consultant, United Kingdom
Mark is extremely knowledgable, quickly helping us out of a tricky situation with a MODX site. He is clearly an expert in this field as well as having a passion for developing the MODX platform.
Mark is extremely professional but also friendly and very communicative so I'd definitely recommend and work with Mark again.
(Former) Webdeveloper at eRage, The Netherlands
You've just encountered some problems with your MODX Revolution CMS and you want to get rid of them fast? Hire Mark. He knows what to do. It's as simple as that.
Ready to book?
Here's how it works:
- Fill in the form below to order your consult
- Once completed, you'll receive a link which will allow you to book the most convenient time for the consult directly in Mark's calendar
- Mark will call you at the scheduled time
If we think your request is better suited to another member of the modmore team, we'll let you know and provide you with a couple of options for the consult time based on their availability.
If you have questions about our consulting sessions, please get in touch and we'll be happy to answer them.